Rob Ford is...

FenderBender

Can someone please explain this situation to me? Where did this guy come from and how did he get elected? I know a lot of people have commented on how he looks like Chris Farley, but I think his behavior is much more like an SNL parody than anything.

Here's a few of my favorite quotes:

“Exactly. Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine,... Have I tried it? Probably in one of my drunken stupors, probably approximately about a year ago.”

"Olivia Gondek says I wanted to eat her pussy. I've never said that in my life to her, I would never do that. I'm happily married - I've got more than enough to eat at home."
Now he's making news for clotheslining a woman in city council session...

While I think this is another sad display of what our politicians truly are, I have to admit it's almost refreshing to hear a politician who is so unedited in public. That's probably not the great endorsement of politics as a whole.

But really, is/was this guy popular in Canada? By physical appearance alone he looks like a slob who's life is falling apart. I'm wondering how a guy like this becomes the mayor of your largest city? And how after everything has come out, is this guy not resigning or being removed from office?

chalupa

The gimp
Ford played the role of business-friendly conservative from outside the downtown, liberal, elitist political powerhouse, and got himself elected in Toronto because of the recent expansion of the city into outlying areas. He claimed that liberals were ruining Toronto, and could not be trusted.

i'm not making this up, this is what happened.

He is fucking crazy, I listened to some of his pressers this morning, and it was hilarious.

chalupa

The gimp
He could very easily parlay all this into a career outside of politics, but it appears as though he wants to hang on to that slow-motion trainwreck. Too bad. He could host saturday night live and play Chris Farley playing him.

silberfuchs

Administrator
Staff member
At least he's honest. That's more than we can say about our politicians.

Chewy

Can someone please explain this situation to me?
Canadian Politics is a very different animal than in the US... here in BC we had this twit, who was charged with a DUI in Hawaii... but because it was in Hawaii not BC it wasn't a criminal offence.... he said sorry and the people were cool. Dar Heatherington was supposed to show up for a conference ended up going missing, showed in Vegas, claimed she was abducted and raped... turned out to be a hoax, she later claimed she was receiving sexually explicit mail, police investigated and turned up another hoax... she was charged with Mischief, she didnt say sorry and was charged.

FenderBender

Canadian Politics is a very different animal than in the US... here in BC we had this twit, who was charged with a DUI in Hawaii... but because it was in Hawaii not BC it wasn't a criminal offence.... he said sorry and the people were cool. Dar Heatherington was supposed to show up for a conference ended up going missing, showed in Vegas, claimed she was abducted and raped... turned out to be a hoax, she later claimed she was receiving sexually explicit mail, police investigated and turned up another hoax... she was charged with Mischief, she didnt say sorry and was charged.
And do people actually watch the CFL? What a crazy place...

Chewy

And do people actually watch the CFL? What a crazy place...
I tried a few times, went to Grey Cup one time... its like a mild NFL game... but in the Prairies its like huge! went to a Blue Bombers home game... was crazy fun.