Nvidia EVGA 980 TI Card

Telaso

I'm Telaso
For any of you computer nerds here at all, this card is a beast. It overclocks like a champ too.

I'm going to be modding mine this weekend with a custom bracket and Liquid Cooling system. I'll try to remember to take pictures and post them.

Fero

Old World
Staff member
Matt is supergay

My PC is two years old. The gpu was top of the line, guess it's pretty outdated now. Not that it matters, I only play Medieval II Total War

chalupa

The gimp
Real dumb question for you, nerdlaso...does this handle 3D modeling in drafting and design programs? The models aren't graphic intensive in that they have to be responsive like game graphics, but they are pretty big files.

Telaso

I'm Telaso
Real dumb question for you, nerdlaso...does this handle 3D modeling in drafting and design programs? The models aren't graphic intensive in that they have to be responsive like game graphics, but they are pretty big files.
It would, but would probably be overkill from what you described. You would be better off getting a card from the Quadro line of cards. Those are designed for modeling and drafting.

silberfuchs

Administrator
Staff member
You put way too much thermal paste. Doing that is going to spread out the heat across the die and cause it to be retained closer to the core, rather than absorbed by the heatsink. You also spread it out flat, which you shouldn't do because it's more likely to create air bubbles. Just put one little dab in the middle and pop the heatsink on.

Fero

Old World
Staff member
You put way too much thermal paste. Doing that is going to spread out the heat across the die and cause it to be retained closer to the core, rather than absorbed by the heatsink. You also spread it out flat, which you shouldn't do because it's more likely to create air bubbles. Just put one little dab in the middle and pop the heatsink on.
Too much? Ain't no such thing in Arizona.

Telaso

I'm Telaso
For CPUs correct. GPU's its different.

The chips work differently.

Brian

Brian
lol check out this fucking genius "it worked on my K7 Athlon therefore should work with everything else". how are you not a NASA engineer on your way to Mars yet?

Telaso

I'm Telaso
I've had this card for a year now....

Why did you have to bump this and make me feel old?

Brian

Brian
i dont crave jackshit, i was making fun of silberfuchs and his ancient ways when all of a sudden the angry trio of Orlando survivors are in my face hurling their fedoras at me.