Pick your mid-life crisis car carefully

chalupa

The gimp

...except it doesn't come with a manual option in the US. I has a sad.

Frood

a true bro
Do people in the US know how to drive manual?
Some do, some do not. They are not very common, and a lot of models are only sold in automatic, but most sporty cars have manuals available. I learned when I was 16 and drove manual from 18-25ish. I miss manual when I'm driving on pleasant roads, but not at all for commuting.

Fero

Old World
Staff member
My brother drives a Lexus IS with an automatic, and it's weird when you're not used to not shifting gears. Especially when slowing down.

Fero

Old World
Staff member
I ordered my new car last night month. I chose an automatic because it's just more comfortable in dense traffic. Plus it has adaptive cruise control, lane assist and traffic jam assist. I won't have to do much driving.

Wesbo

Retired Tea Ninja
Staff member
Not a bad idea, I have done the same recently, somehow driving in London with a 20mph speed limit in a lot of zones doesn't really warrant gear changes, it's really lame when cyclists overtake you on the road.

chalupa

The gimp
This is an old, dead thread, so let me resurrect it. I have not been excited about the way a car looks since I was probably 12, but this thing is just fucking beautiful.

1606925533721.png

Wesbo

Retired Tea Ninja
Staff member
This is an old, dead thread, so let me resurrect it. I have not been excited about the way a car looks since I was probably 12, but this thing is just fucking beautiful.
Agreed, but i'm not sure about blue?

chalupa

The gimp
Color be damned, there is just something about that thing...it is beautiful.

I think I'm going with vanta-black.

Fero

Old World
Staff member
I realize, sorry, realise you're Bri ish, but grey cars are boring. Only the AM DB5 is allowed to be grey for cultural-historical reasons.

A Ferrari is supposed to be blue. Or red/yellow if you're rich but tasteless.

Color be damned, there is just something about that thing...it is beautiful.

I think I'm going with vanta-black.
You know who had a black car? Hitler.

Wesbo

Retired Tea Ninja
Staff member
I realize, sorry, realise you're Bri ish, but grey cars are boring. Only the AM DB5 is allowed to be grey for cultural-historical reasons.

A Ferrari is supposed to be blue. Or red/yellow if you're rich but tasteless.

You know who had a black car? Hitler.
I disagree, grey is perfect, it goes with our weather. Also, unless they put the steering wheel on the right side of the car i'd have to think hard about getting one.