Obama Give Peace a Chance Peace is for Wusses Speech

FenderBender

I'm glad that Russia might be giving us an out on using force. I don't think there are any great endings to this situation, but I do think we need to stop arming these countries and/or fighting them ourselves. We keep giving weapons to our enemy's enemies without worrying about what might happen down the road.

BigMattTheHobo

Mexican and fabulous
Meh. Obama tried to play both sides and didn't provide any evidence Assad used the chemical weapons. Weak appeals to emotion and not enough specifics.

It doesn't matter because Israel will get its way eventually. Expand dem borders and get a reason to attack Iran

chalupa

The gimp
I'm glad that Russia might be giving us an out on using force. I don't think there are any great endings to this situation, but I do think we need to stop arming these countries and/or fighting them ourselves. We keep giving weapons to our enemy's enemies without worrying about what might happen down the road.
Something about a military-industrial complex comes to mind.
Meh. Obama tried to play both sides and didn't provide any evidence Assad used the chemical weapons. Weak appeals to emotion and not enough specifics.

It doesn't matter because Israel will get its way eventually. Expand dem borders and get a reason to attack Iran
Sort. I doubt they are going to expand outward anymore, the world won't allow it, but I agree, Israel is just looking for the provocation to test out our bunker busters on buried Iranian nuke sites.

BigMattTheHobo

Mexican and fabulous
Israel is already in the Golan heights and nobody says shit about it.

Yes it has a complicated history and Israel annexed it through war, but it's still internationally recognized as Syrian territory and the UN has condemned Israeli settlements there.

I don't think Israel would pass a chance to get more land if shit hit the fan in Syria

Israel largely does what it wants with our blessings in the form of our tax dollars and military equipment. I don't know why they own us, but yet seem to