The New Premium Thread

ennaynattirb

Will give gumjob for meth
Since there is no premium "random" thread for me to unload about my dumb dilemma, and it's not a Facebook-worthy post, Imma put it here.

That interview I had was interesting. Basically, the GM assumes the management position will open up; but since seasonal shopping hasn't picked up quite yet, the DM hasn't approved it. For right now, she wants to start me out at 15ish hours a week, $8.75 an hour (which is at least a little above minimum, which is what they start out with) as a "lead associate" or "lead cashier;" then she'd add more hours based on performance. And if/when the higher position opens up, I'm supposed to have that.

I did love the hell out of that job. I get an awesome discount at BBW and Victoria's Secret, the atmosphere was good in terms of coworkers, and usually the customers are pretty amiable. Plus, it gets me out of the house. But I'd be working for practically minimum wage right now with a lot of weekends, there's no guarantee the job I was interviewed for will even happen, and I know the husband would tell me "Absolutely not!" if he thought he could get away with that. Really, I just wanted to have more managerial experience for a resume/application in the future.

I am disappoint with this scenario.

Fero

Old World
Staff member
I worked 2 weekends a month for over a year, which boosted my salary by about €150-200, but the stress on my social life wasn't worth it. I'd say look for a job with regular hours. I earn less now than I did a year ago, but it's worth it. Look for a job where you're sure you'll get what you want. Employers have a habit of promising a lot and delivering very little, especially if they don't find another suitable candidate for the lead cashier job.

Alternatively, you can just stay in your damn kitchen.

ennaynattirb

Will give gumjob for meth
I already pretty much knew what I was going to do there, it was just frustrating to be interviewed for a job that wasn't actually open and may not be available at all.

Manager of my kitchen 4 lyfe.