Thoughts on not having a boss

Fero

Old World
Staff member
I don't have a boss.

I work as a nurse in the medical department of a large depot of a chain of department stores (about 2500 workers in the industrial park). I'm mainly responsible for annual medical examinations and first aid. I'm supposed to make sure my statistics are correct (number and type of examination etc), the first aid posts in the different warehouses are equipped, the examinations are performed correctly and stuff like that.

The bosses from the different departments (transportation, fresh foods...) are supposed to make appointments for their employees via a shared outlook calendar. Most of the departments don't have a problem with that, but the dudes from fresh foods are pissing me off royally. I went through a hell of a lot of work planning a week of make up examinations, rounding up doctors and nurses from all over the country, ordering an examination bus (which costs about 1200 euro a day). Almost a month in advance, I sent an email to the FF guys to which I received a rude reply. They had better things to do, but they would do their best.
Their best consisted of planning ZERO people for the examinations I set up. I emailed the dudes, called them, but they did jack shit.

This brings me to the following problem. If I had had a boss, I could have gone to him, asked him to talk to his co-bosses which could have helped, since they just seem to ignore a lowly member of the medical department. The upside is I can pretty much do what I want, but the frustration of being foiled in my carefully set up scheme of making up the fresh foods medical arrearage is terrible.

Is not having a boss worth this shit?

(By the way, the FF guys sent 12% of their employees to us this year. In contrast to e.g. transportation, which sent 88%)

Last edited:
I don't have a boss, per se. Meaning, I don't really have a supervisor. I report directly to the Vice President, which is good, because he trusts me enough to know that if he leaves me alone, the work will get done regardless of the volume, but also I have a person I can go to with any concerns. It's a pretty good situation.

Nefarious

Chalupa's Son
Having a boss is what makesa business abusiness you dont have aboss? BULLSHTI your a fucking liar bitch nurse dildo sucker seriously ou ahve a boss stop this higher then thou attitude like 'hey guys im better then you i dont have a boss im the boss' give it a rest, when i worked at the smoothie shop over the summer i had a boss EVERY PERSON WHO WORKS HAS A BOSS stop this bullshti 'oh im the boss or i run my own company' STFU you dont run shit liar ass mOtherfucker