How I Met Your Mother Finale

Telaso

I'm Telaso
Now that the season is over I can start watching it. I never remember shows watching week by week.

tonythetiger

So say we all
Now that the season is over I can start watching it. I never remember shows watching week by week.
I didn't know How I met Your Mother was that kind of show. Some shows aren't like Game of Thrones where there is an actual plot. I watched HIMYM a few times at a friends house and thought it wasn't funny and couldn't stand the audience laughing at every line.

chalupa

The gimp
The only show with a laugh track that I will watch is Seinfeld.
...Seinfeld had a live audience during rehearsals, evidently the laughter of the live audience during rehearsals was used during taping. At least that's what the googles says.

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
...Seinfeld had a live audience during rehearsals, evidently the laughter of the live audience during rehearsals was used during taping. At least that's what the googles says.
See, I knew that show was different.

Telaso

I'm Telaso
I didn't know How I met Your Mother was that kind of show. Some shows aren't like Game of Thrones where there is an actual plot. I watched HIMYM a few times at a friends house and thought it wasn't funny and couldn't stand the audience laughing at every line.
I suppose it isn't. Its just a system I have for watching shows, and I stick to it with everything now.

chalupa

The gimp
Big Bang Theory came on after Family Guy one night (TBS or something...reruns in the evening), and there was literally one terrible joke, canned laughter, a second joke, canned laughter, and someone walked in the room...more canned laughter. I almost threw the remote through the TV it was so fucking bad.

If anyone tells me they like that show, or think it is "smart" or "clever," my view of them immediately changes to them being part of the problem.

Telaso

I'm Telaso
Agreed. I can't stand that show. Any show that has a laugh track now turns me off to it immediately.

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
Big Bang Theory came on after Family Guy one night (TBS or something...reruns in the evening), and there was literally one terrible joke, canned laughter, a second joke, canned laughter, and someone walked in the room...more canned laughter. I almost threw the remote through the TV it was so fucking bad.

If anyone tells me they like that show, or think it is "smart" or "clever," my view of them immediately changes to them being part of the problem.
Pretty much. It is even funnier when people who think they are smart try and claim that "it's a smart show and you must not get it". Plus it makes light of a serious mental issue. May as well have a show about people in wheelchairs and call it wheels and laugh about how they have problems fitting in our world.

BigMattTheHobo

Mexican and fabulous

Agreed. I can't stand that show. Any show that has a laugh track now turns me off to it immediately.
Pretty much. It is even funnier when people who think they are smart try and claim that "it's a smart show and you must not get it". Plus it makes light of a serious mental issue. May as well have a show about people in wheelchairs and call it wheels and laugh about how they have problems fitting in our world.

So who came first?

Nefarious

Chalupa's Son
you idiots watching tv lmao get a life stop watching tv get a woman stop wasting your time with bullshit gay shows like how i met your mother or big bang theroy wow chalupa watches big bang theory too lmao what a gay scrubby

Nefarious

Chalupa's Son
whatver gay boy i bet you watched frasier back in the day too chuggin gbeers and going oh yeah her duh cheers frasier is on whac hwhack whack

Frood

a true bro
whatver gay boy i bet you watched frasier back in the day too chuggin gbeers and going oh yeah her duh cheers frasier is on whac hwhack whack
One wouldn't chug a beer while watching Frasier. One would drink a sophisticated glass of Sherry.

Niles: "It's confounding, Frasier. How does dad continue to drink that swill night after night while in his own home you've stocked the bar with the best liquors in the world?"
Frasier: "Oh now, Niles. There's nothing wrong with having a drink of choice. I'm sure dad sticks to Ballantine because it's... nostalgic for him. It's not as though you never desire a Manzanilla even though you've now tried Moscatel. [Laughs pretentiously] Why, while I loved in Boston I frequented a charming little pub regularly, and there's a certain... camaraderie that comes with sharing a brew with one's buds"
Marty: "Yah, Niles. Lighten up! I even give Eddie a sip now and then!
All: *agast*
Daphne: "Well I think a man who can appreciate a beer is rather... charming..."
[Niles grabs the beer from Marty's hand and begins to chug it]
Frasier: [Rolls eyes] Oh please, Niles.

--Screen fades to black--