DJI Phantom 3 Drone Camera

Wesbo

Retired Tea Ninja
Staff member

"Take to the sky and capture your world in beautiful 4K or 1080p HD. DJI recently announced the next evolution in its ground-breaking Phantom drone platforms ? the Phantom 3.

With two variations, the Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced, this new milestone in aerial innovation provides greater control and creative options from the sky.

All camera settings, including ISO, shutter speed and exposure compensation, can be set using both the DJI Pilot app and the physical controls on the remote controllers. The DJI Pilot app also features a Phantom 3 flight simulator for virtually practicing aerial maneuvers, and a ?Director? feature, which automatically edits the best shots from flights into short videos that can be shared immediately after landing.

The upgraded app also allows pilots to livestream their flights to YouTube. ?Pilots, whether they are journalists, extreme athletes, or global travelers ? will not just be able to share aerial videos of where they were, but will also be able to send a YouTube link to their friends and colleagues to show them the aerial perspectives of where they are right now,? said DJI?s San Francisco General Manager Eric Cheng. ?This has tremendous potential for changing the way we share experiences with one another.?"

......Etc..

The blurb sounds good. I'd really like one of these.

silberfuchs

Administrator
Staff member
I know some ding dong that bought one of these, and then a week later the new version came out so he bought that one too. $3,400 in the hole. And he wonders why he's broke.

Wesbo

Retired Tea Ninja
Staff member
I know some ding dong that bought one of these, and then a week later the new version came out so he bought that one too. $3,400 in the hole. And he wonders why he's broke.
That's insane. I guess some people just want the 'latest thing'. Apple seem to know this well.

silberfuchs

Administrator
Staff member
So guess what happened? He finally decided to take it out for playing this spring. Immediately crashed it into a tree and broke some stuff. Sounds about right!

Now if I spend $1,400 on something, I would at least try and take care of it. But apparently that's just me.

oldfart1

my boss at work has got one of those phantom drones he raves about it seen some of the footage he's taken looks pretty good, ive had a quick go with it and if I can fly it must be pretty easy to use.. the camera hooks up to a iPhone/ipad via a app..