talking

sugarcube

Sad emo bitch
how do people talk to rando's online? There is no more AIM, MSN, Yahoo! and chat rooms are dead. Do you just email each other?

Fero

Old World
Staff member
I understand it's a chat program with the possibility of voice and video chat.

A DM is what we called a private message in our day.

sugarcube

Sad emo bitch
I understand it's a chat program with the possibility of voice and video chat.

A DM is what we called a private message in our day.
Thank you. I've heard it in songs like "slide into my DMs" but I'm like is that "dick message"? Like something you do to hit on someone. I totally understand private message. Fuck I'm old 😭😭

The question is where do I go to just meet someone online to talk to. Is discord my best bet?

Fero

Old World
Staff member
Can't help you there. I don't even know if they have public servers or anything.

You can maybe try Reddit and find a subreddit with friendly people. Won't be easy though.

sugarcube

Sad emo bitch
Can't help you there. I don't even know if they have public servers or anything.

You can maybe try Reddit and find a subreddit with friendly people. Won't be easy though.
Thanks for the tip. I want to talk to someone who doesn't know me. Just to pass the time. I'm a fucking CPA and it's so god damn boring. I just need someone or something to keep me busy while I'm fucking stuck in my apartment working. There's only so much weed you can smoke to entertain yourself while doing mindless shit

ennaynattirb

Will give gumjob for meth
Thank you. I've heard it in songs like "slide into my DMs" but I'm like is that "dick message"? Like something you do to hit on someone. I totally understand private message. Fuck I'm old 😭😭

The question is where do I go to just meet someone online to talk to. Is discord my best bet?
I wouldn't consider Discord the best option. It is basically like a chat room with voice options as fero mentioned but not quite like the chatrooms of the old days, or even public forums/reddit/etc. I think you can search through the servers to find one you think would be good for you but Idk, all of the servers I'm in I was invited to by people I met playing various games.

sugarcube

Sad emo bitch
I wouldn't consider Discord the best option. It is basically like a chat room with voice options as fero mentioned but not quite like the chatrooms of the old days, or even public forums/reddit/etc. I think you can search through the servers to find one you think would be good for you but Idk, all of the servers I'm in I was invited to by people I met playing various games.
Thanks for the heads up. I just miss talking to random people about shit I'm sad about