Do you have any things that are delicious?

Beef Tenderloin with Blue Cheese and Red Pepper Jelly stuffing.

Slice tenderloin lengthwise down the middle so you can open it like a book. Do this two or three times so can you really get into the inside of the meat. Get it open and spread out as flat as you can get it.

We need to go ahead and cook it a little bit to get a good sear on what will be both the outside and the inside, so go ahead and grill for a few minutes. We're not looking to cook the steak, just get a nice sear on so we can put our stuffing in there.

When you get the sear, pull it off the grill and let it rest. Let it cool a good 10-15 minutes.

When cooled, lay a good layer of blue cheese crumbles and a good helping of red pepper jelly and then roll it up like a log. Use a few strings to make sure it's secure. Put in an iron skillet and place it in a 250 degree oven until the steak hits about 135 to 140 degrees (*otherwise known as medium rare - medium). Remove from oven and let it rest a few minutes to complete cooking. Then slice and enjoy.

kevinsmith

Methuselah's Great-Grandfather
my mom makes good otameal gookies im not sure of the recipe but i know it has some oatmeal raisens sugar butter and maybe psitachio? not sure im gonna ask me ymom if i can post the recipe online
Are those Asian cookies?

yeah slut look at your wife probably out on the town fucking every fat redneck she sees rpobably sleepgn with lord devastation nocturnal maybe even big matt is getting in on her that shse comes home covered in goo and pregnancy tests you fucking asshole DONT CLAL MY MOM A SLUT because shes TEN TIMES THE WOMAN YOU WILL EVER BE YOU FUCKING MOTHERFUCKER
How come I didn't get in on this action? Man, I ALWAYS miss the good stuff.

Daddy Pasta (as named by my daughter)

Take three chicken breasts, cube and cook in olive oil along with garlic and oregano. As chicken nears completion, add two packets concentrated chicken stock and a splash of sweeter white wine, like Riesling. Cook out alcohol and set aside. (Note, the sauce from the wine and broth is pretty tasty in itself, I've used this alone on another dish and it was pretty good.
Two cans of Italian stewed tomatoes. Use a hand blender to liquify.
Simmer sauce to reduce some. Add sun dried tomatoes chopped fine. Some red peppter flakes for a bit of a kick. Spoonfull of cream cheese. Continue to simmer to melt cheese. Then add maybe a quarter pint of heavy cream. Stir, simmer more.
Once done, add chicken in to sauce and pour over penne pasta. Garnish with some grated Parmesan or mixed Italian cheeses. enjoy this shit.

silberfuchs

Administrator
Staff member
That actually sounds good. I might make some soon since I've already got most of that. But, you also gave me an idea.

Since a lot of you are going to have pumpkins for Halloween, why not turn it into something useful afterwards? And by "useful" I mean "gets you drunk." Pumpkin wine. I only used about a quarter of a large pumpkin to make 1 gallon. This recipe should get you around 10% ABV but you can test it to get the exact amount with a hydrometer.

Ingredients:
2-3 pounds pumpkin flesh - you could probably substitute in some canned pumpkin puree
2 cups brown sugar
2-3 cups white sugar (more sugar = more alcohol, but don't overdo it because there is a limit)
1/3 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. montrachet wine yeast
3/4 gallon water
1 cup tea (prefer loose-leaf but a tea bag will work)
1/2 campden tablet*
1/2 tsp. potassium sorbate*

*You can get by without these. The campden finishes fermentation so no bacteria or yeast are left alive when you bottle it which can ruin the wine and cause your bottle to burst. The potassium sorbate is a preservative. If you don't intend to bottle and age it, you don't need these two.

Tools needed:
1 gallon glass carboy/demijohn
1 rubber stopper with drilled hole that fits the carboy (probably size 6)
1 fermentation airlock
1 siphon hose
funnels

Clean the pumpkin innards and seeds out. Slice pumpkin flesh (leave the skin) roughly into 2" squares. Throw them into a big pot, add the 3/4 gallon water, place the lid on and turn on high heat. Once it gets to a rolling boil, reduce heat to a simmer and leave it go for 30 minutes. After that, you should start to see the color of the pumpkin coming out. If the water is still clear, continue boiling. Add the brown and white sugar, tea, cinnamon and nutmeg, stir it in, then leave to cool to room temperature for a few hours or place the pot into cold water to cold it rapidly. It must be at room temperature before you continue!

In a bowl, put 1/2 cup warm (not hot) water, then sprinkle the montrachet wine yeast on top. Do not stir it. Now, wash your 1 gallon carboy; even if you think it is clean, wash it again. Pour your pumpkin juice into the carboy, put a cap on it, and shake it really well. You can cut up some of the left-over pumpkin bits and fit those into the jug, too. After your yeast has been sitting for about 5 minutes, you can pour it into the carboy as well. Place the rubber stopper on top. Now fill your airlock halfway with water, then stick it into the stopper. Place into a cool, dark location (away from sunlight and florescent lights; incandescent is fine).

It will look like this:

*The airlock on top is not shown in this picture. Sorry.

After 24 hours, give the jug a little swirl to loosen up the junk that sank to the bottom. After the first day or two, the fermentation will really kick in and keep it all suspended for you. 2 weeks later, you'll want to siphon all the juice (leave all the nasty gunk behind) from that jug into another container, clean the jug, then pour it back in. Put the stopper and airlock back on after you've cleaned them.

Wait another 2 weeks. You can place the campden tablet and potassium sorbate in now, then leave for another 24 hours. Siphon the wine again and either bottle it or drink it. Enjoy.

Hambone

I gotta small cock..smothered in onions and green peppers.....does that count?

silberfuchs

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, but that liquid does not look appetizing.
It's not going to when it is fermenting. All alcohol looks disgusting at that stage. After you get the adjuncts out and it clears, then it becomes presentable.

silberfuchs

Administrator
Staff member
Chicken Pot Pie

Makes 1 pie.
Ingredients:
Pie crust (enough for both top and bottom)
1 cup butter
3 cups flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 cup water

Filling:
3 raw chicken breasts
1 onion
12-16 ounces of chopped vegetables of your choosing
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 3/4 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup milk

Preheat your oven up to 425F. Throw the chicken breasts on a pan, and toss them in for ~20 minutes. While those are in, mix 3 cups flour and 3 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl. Add in approximately 1 cup cold butter and spread it out across the flour and sugar mixture; continue to mix and spread it until you're left with a gritty, sand-like flour. Now slowly mix in 1 cup of cold water with a spoon. Once the dough mostly comes together in a ball, you can give it a light kneeding with your hands, but only very briefly (you don't want to warm the dough with your hands too much). Throw the dough ball on a lightly floured plate, and toss it in the fridge. Once your chicken breasts are ready, remove them from the oven and leave to cool on the counter; you'll want to save all the juices for later. Leave both the dough and chicken breasts to cool for about a half hour to 45 minutes. After cooling, dice up your chicken breasts.

Put a pan on medium heat, and dice up an onion. Once the pan is nice and hot, throw in the onion and 1/3 cup butter. Stir occasionally until the onions start to turn brown. Now pour in 1/3 cup flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and mix it in well. Reduce the heat and pour in 1 3/4 cups chicken broth and any left over chicken drippings from earlier. Stir well until the clumps mostly break apart. Now add in 2/3 cup milk. You will gradually turn the heat back up and stir occasionally until it reaches a simmer. Once it starts to thicken up to your liking, bring the heat back down low.

Take your dough out of the fridge and cut the ball in half. Roll it out, using liberal amounts of flour, until it is large enough to cover your pie dish, but be careful not to go too thin on it. Lightly flour the dish, and toss it in there. If you have any holes or parts that are too thin, you can cut off the extra bits around the edge of the dish and use that to patch the holes. Pack all of your chopped up chicken breast in there, and then layer the chopped vegetables over that. Take your gravy mixture and slowly pour it over top. Roll out your other half of the dough, throw it on top, and cut off the excess.

At this point, I like to pour a bit of olive oil on top, spread it with my fingers, and sprinkle on grated parmesan cheese, or occasionally some cheddar, but this isn't necessary. Poke a few holes about the pie with a fork to let any trapped air escape. Now throw it back in the fridge for at least a half hour. When you're ready, heat the oven back up to 425F and bake for 30 minutes.

Last edited:

silberfuchs

Administrator
Staff member
German-style soft pretzels

makes 8 pretzels
Ingredients:
1 1/3 cup warm water
1 tablespoon sugar
4 1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
2/3 cup baking soda

In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, and butter until well-blended (do not add the egg at this point!). Then add the 1 1/3 cup water and mix with the back of a wooden spoon until it forms a ball; you can then kneed with your hands for a few minutes. Leave to sit, covered, for 1 hour.

Take your dough ball and flatten it out until it is about 2 inches thick. Now cut it into 8 equal slices, like you would a pizza. Take each section of dough and roll and squeeze it in your hands to form a doughey rope that is about 2 feet (60cm) long. Now form them into a pretzel shape by making a circle, then crossing the strands, and flattening the tips against the bottom.

In a saucepan, bring 2/3 cups baking soda and 4-5 cups water to a boil. Carefully place each pretzel (only one at a time!) onto a spatula and then lower it in to the boiling mixture and release it. Each pretzel should only boil for approximately 30 seconds; they will begin to float right before they are ready. Remove the pretzel and place it into a cooling rack. Leave them to set for about 5 minutes; just enough to cool down and dry off.

Finally, you put that egg to use. Beat it well, then brush it onto each pretzel, making sure to cover them all generously and evenly. At this point, you can add whatever extra seasoning you want: salt, garlic & herbs, cheese, whatever. Throw them onto a lightly oiled pan and throw them into the oven at 450F for ~15 minutes or until golden brown.

Telaso

I'm Telaso
The reason why I have to ignore silber irl is because she would make me fail my diet over and over.

silberfuchs

Administrator
Staff member
Telaso, do you like Asian foods? Because I sure do make some mean-ass sushi rolls. And today, sweet & sour pork. All homemade! But those are things I'll be posting here later, eventually.

QueenBunnywitch

Million Dollar Pie

People make it differently but I'm partial to this recipe I learned from my aunt.

1 graham cracker crust
8oz. Cream cheese
8oz. Pineapple(best to go with crushed or tidbits, but make sure you drain the crushed well. If making two pies I suggest 1 can of crushed and one can of tidbits. The pineapple flavor is more evenly distributed and you also get a nice juicy bite of pineapple occasionally. Best of both worlds)
8oz. Cool whip
1/4th cup sugar
Chopped pecans, optional but definitely go for chopped. Not cookie pieces. 6oz should do it usually.

Cream together softened cream cheese and sugar, mix in pineapple and pecans(reserving a bit to sprinkle on top) then fold in cool whip until its all incorporated. Turn out into pie shell and refrigerate overnight.

silberfuchs

Administrator
Staff member
That actually sounds pretty good. I might have to try that! Fairly easy, too. I was planning on making a banana cream pie as I was quite in the mood for it, but perhaps I'll have to switch it up.

Also, I tried to give you permission to premium but I think that it is broken since the form seems to do nothing.

Last edited: