Goodnight Sweet Prince (Part 2 of 3)

chalupa

The gimp
Dude, like 10 million people have died since Paul Walker, and some of them have been important. Just because you only know two of them doesn't make this true.

Just be sure, though, to not walk under a ladder.

Telaso

I'm Telaso
Not a single of them are as important as Mandela was.

chalupa

The gimp
Good thing, because after the third one dies, nobody will ever die again.

:facepalm:

Fero

Old World
Staff member
Nobody gives a damn Mandela was one of the founding members of Spear of the Nation, an organisation that's responsible for the deaths of over a hundred innocent civilians?

That we know about, at least. The mines in Transvaal probably killed a lot more in the years to follow.

Fero

Old World
Staff member
So? If I form a gang, kill 140 people and go to jail for it, am I forgiven when I leave that gang?

BigMattTheHobo

Mexican and fabulous
So? If I form a gang, kill 140 people and go to jail for it, am I forgiven when I leave that gang?
My question is, was that violence carried out or ordered by him?

I'm well aware of the allegations, but I haven't seen a factual timeline of events.

Redemption for terrorists is an interesting idea. Some people feel the ends justifies the means, like the Union army committing terrorism against the south. I don't think the ends justifies violence against innocent people in any case

Last edited:

chalupa

The gimp
When will people get it that there is no "nice" war. War is hell. People get killed. Frankly, I think we are trying to bring civility to an uncivil process, and only make ourselves look stupid by doing so.

He was part of the "resistance" or he was a "terrorist." It all depends on who wins.

Fero

Old World
Staff member
My question is, was that violence carried out or ordered by him?

I'm well aware of the allegations, but I haven't seen a factual timeline of events.

Redemption for terrorists is an interesting idea. Some people feel the ends justifies the means, like the Union army committing terrorism against the south. I don't think the ends justifies violence against innocent people in any case

Ordered by him, what makes it even worse.

Fero

Old World
Staff member
Got my info mostly from Long Walk to Freedom. Guess it's pretty reliable on that account.