Hey guys, help me with an internet/comp issue (nobody is hanging out in tech)

Nova

So, first off, HAI! I haven't been around in sooo long. Where is 322???

Anyway, I'm having an issue with my computer that has never happened before. Everything on the entire computer is working fine except for this one problem. When I go to google I get this-

"The connection was interrupted

The connection to google was interrupted while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

My internet connection is perfectly fine, all of my roommates computers and connections are working fine, every other site I go to loads perfectly fine. I don't seem to have a virus and like I said, nothing else is going wrong. The only time I ever get that error message when loading is when I have a shitty connection.

Any ideas? I have no idea how to fix the problem because I don't even know what the problem is.

Brian

Brian
you dont deserve that computer, you should send it to Bob Cratchit's house

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
Could be lots of things.

Try doing the normal stuff like clearing out your browser cache, cookies etc. I'd also run a malware/adware program to see if something is working behind the scenes. Have you tried using Chrome or something instead of Firefox?

Brian

Brian
It's twice the size of Tiny Tim. Joe Miller never made such a joke as sending it to Bob's will be.

silberfuchs

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely a browser hijacker or proxy. A lot of malware will redirect connections to high-traffic sites (such as Google) to make money off ads. Often it ends up broken (perhaps by a firewall run by you or maybe even outside your network, or maybe their server is just down, maybe you've used some anti-malware tool) which results in errors like what you're experiencing. I see it often. Have you tried running a scan with Malwarebytes yet?

go to Tools->Options. Under Advanced, go to the Network tab. In the "Connection" area (top-most thing), click the Settings button. Change it to "No proxy", click OK. Now go to Tools->Add-ons and disable anything you don't need. Restart Firefox and see if the problems persist. We'll go from there.

Brian

Brian
it's impossible to carry that to Camden Town tho, you should get a cab

Nefarious

Chalupa's Son
sounds like you put your cable box in the wrong positoon it is on top of your monitor or on your desktop box? maybe if you would use your brain for once and move the cable box away from those spots maybe where therte is less intereference with the radiation being amitted by your computer you would see that the internet works fine you dumbass its like putting two and two together but for you its like counting to a trillion and ignoring the primer numbers IDIOT

Nova

SuperAIDS.

/thread

Hi Shmoops!
Chalupa!! Glad to see some people are still around. I was thinking about coming back for a while.

Thanks for the tips guys, I shall test them out soon.