Pick your mid-life crisis car carefully

Fero

Old World
Staff member
I always rent a car when I'm in the UK or Eire. Driving on the wrong side is a bit easier when the steering wheel is on the wrong side as well. The first time was with my own car. I almost died.

Wesbo

Retired Tea Ninja
Staff member
I hear you on that, I once was a passenger in a car in the UK with an American friend in the countryside who attempted a U-turn and suddenly thought he was back in the US and almost had a head-on collision with a car coming the other way....fun times.

Johnny Alpha

Ninja Wizard
I hear you on that, I once was a passenger in a car in the UK with an American friend in the countryside who attempted a U-turn and suddenly thought he was back in the US and almost had a head-on collision with a car coming the other way....fun times.
Why do people not know that the left side is the 'right' side???

Fero

Old World
Staff member
Closest I ever came to death was on an Irish motorway near Bray. The off ramp was a motherfucking hairpin turn. I wasn't used to driving an automatic either. So I basically came to a full stop with my ass still on the motorway. The Irish are insane.

Fero

Old World
Staff member
That's a bloody long way to go to lose a battle
How often do you actually see the spiders that can kill you (either by venom or heart attack). Do you have to check your shoes every morning before putting them on? What about the snakes?

And is running over a kangaroo with your car an actual problem or is it rare?

Johnny Alpha

Ninja Wizard
How often do you actually see the spiders that can kill you (either by venom or heart attack). Do you have to check your shoes every morning before putting them on? What about the snakes?

And is running over a kangaroo with your car an actual problem or is it rare?
Seeing spiders that can kill you is pretty rare where I live, but seeing f#ck-off sized huntsman spiders in your bedroom when you wake up in the morning and can give a nasty bite is enough to make you crap your strides.

I live in suburbia so running over a roo isn't really going to happen....BUT....try playing golf with 15-20 full-sized roos casually feeding on the grass on the fairway, and don't move when you have to take a shot, it's surreal.

chalupa

The gimp
Welcome down unda, mayte, wheh all the animals try to kill ya and ou weatha is bloody nuclea with a touch ah wildfiya.

Crikey!