question about the universe

Is the universe older than 13.7 billion years?

• it is 13.7 billion years old

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • it's a lot older

• I don't give a fuck you soft liberal retard.

• Total voters

HappyKiller

I want serious answers, I didn't know where else to ask this question on the internet so I thought I'd ask it here, hopefully there's a genius around.

Scientists astronomers, whatever. Have said that the universe is 13.7 billion years old yet we've seen with the hubble telescope galaxies that are billions of light years away, a light year is the length the speed of light takes to travel in one year, if a galaxy is a 100 billion light years away then it would take at least 100 billion years for the light to travel to your eye, thus meaning the universe is at least 100 billion years old.

Personally I believe the universe is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000+++ years old at least, theres a saying that men are haunted by the vastness of eternity which is why I believe they make it less.

chalupa

The gimp
I want serious answers, I didn't know where else to ask this question on the internet so I thought I'd ask it here, hopefully there's a genius around.

Scientists astronomers, whatever. Have said that the universe is 13.7 billion years old yet we've seen with the hubble telescope galaxies that are billions of light years away, a light year is the length the speed of light takes to travel in one year, if a galaxy is a 100 billion light years away then it would take at least 100 billion years for the light to travel to your eye, thus meaning the universe is at least 100 billion years old.

Personally I believe the universe is 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000+++ years old at least, theres a saying that men are haunted by the vastness of eternity which is why I believe they make it less.
The oldest galaxy found by hubble is 13.2 billion lightyears away, so...there are no galaxies 100 billion light years away. They think that galaxy formed about 500 million years after the Big Bang, making the universe 13.7 billion years old, or just a half an eon younger than kevinsmith.

Matt is gay.

ennaynattirb

Will give gumjob for meth
Well since that question has been answered by our resident Harvard grad, I'm gonna go off topic and tell you that I'm glad Eminem hasn't killed you, bro.

silberfuchs

Administrator
Staff member
Also, time is not constant. Time is very much related to both gravity and speed. I have to assume that the beginnings of the universe could be greatly affected by this. I mean, all the matter in the universe being condensed into an infinitesimally small area would literally make time not exist, so when it explodes (the "Big Bang" was more of an explosion followed by rapid expansion, but whatever), all kinds of weird things could happen.

Stu Pidasole

Florida (home) Georgia, South Carolina and Alabama
Also, time is not constant. Time is very much related to both gravity and speed. I have to assume that the beginnings of the universe could be greatly affected by this. I mean, all the matter in the universe being condensed into an infinitesimally small area would literally make time not exist, so when it explodes (the "Big Bang" was more of an explosion followed by rapid expansion, but whatever), all kinds of weird things could happen.
Snap, hmmmmm guess you just kick everyones ass.......lol