Anyone know of any awesome franchises?

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
I'm thinking about moving away from my current career and opening up a business. I make solid money travelling part time, and could a lot more if I traveled every week, being away from family and living out of a suitcase isn't worth it.

I'd be pretty bored in a normal office job, so I'm looking into business opportunities. Although I have a lot of business and management experience I don't know much about running a restaurant. So a franchise would be ideal as the company would offer that extra insight.

The big chains such as McDonalds are more than I can swing, but many of the smaller companies are doable. For example, I've been looking at Wingstop. Simple concept, good growth, and our area has a major lack of delicious chicken wing and beer places.

Since you guys are from all over, do you know of any good smaller chains in your areas?

Last edited:

Telaso

I'm Telaso
I'm not sure about most companies, but I knew a guy who owned 2 Chick-Fil-A's in Phoenix AZ and was clearing 300k a year.

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
You have to be a jesus person to buy one of those. But yeah, for example the average Mcdonald's posts a profit of 200k per year.

The chains I can afford would likely not be that lucrative, but you have to start somewhere. I wish I could have picked up a 5 guys franchise back before they popped.

ennaynattirb

Will give gumjob for meth
I honestly don't know how big Jimmy John's has gotten nationally, because it started here and they're all over the goddamned place in the eye ell. I think the food is disgusting, but pretty much everyone else I know loves that shit.

Telaso

I'm Telaso
They have added 5 of them within 10 miles of me in the last year. Jimmy John's that is. Food is garbage though.

chalupa

The gimp
I dunno...the gargantuan is pretty good. Can't say i've had any other sammich there, though.

ennaynattirb

Will give gumjob for meth
It really is terrible. The bread always tastes stale and there isn't anything special about the food they offer. Yet people still gobble that shit up and go back for more, and it clearly does fairly well if you've had a lot open up in such a short time.

Monical's pizza is another chain that does well here, but you can only open one in a few select states, and I'm sure that's just in the midwest. Steak 'N Shake is incredibly popular here too, and I know that's limited to a handful of states as well. I don't know if they have specifications on where you can open one and that's why, or if it just hasn't caught on elsewhere.

Edit: I just looked up SNS, it's actually spread further now than it used to be, but if you live in the Western US (I have no idea where you are), they're starting to open them there and it may be one to look into before they're everywhere.

Last edited:

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
I've had mostly bad experiences with Jimmy Johns but the last time I had them the subs were pretty good.

Whataburger hmm, I tried it once and wasn't too impressed but people seem to love them.

edit, F-that, you need 1.2 million in liquid capital for a whataburger franchise.

Last edited:

Iceman

Icedad
Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss.

On a serious note, Subway? I believe the start up capital for one of those is small and can see it making good money

Telaso

I'm Telaso
In-&-Out seems to make a ton of money, even though the food is awful. Chipotle does really well too, and thats a place I actually like :)

Nothing wrong with Wingstop either though.

chalupa

The gimp
Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss.

On a serious note, Subway? I believe the start up capital for one of those is small and can see it making good money
Every Subway I've ever been in smells the same, and I'm not sure id want that in my life.

Nefarious

Chalupa's Son
you should probably invest in a healt hchain food store maybe like whote foods or something that encourages organic eating to be honest dont bother with wendys or fat boy food its not good because you have to think of the long run economics, when you invest in fast food you have to take into consderation the stance against obesity and the hatred towards ronald mcdonalds and the chicken nugget guy
if i were you i would go ahead and put my money into opening up a whote food or maybe a trader josephs or something that will draw in the current generation like my generation and a little bit older to be honest we are the peopel you need ot attract people my age 16-19 we are gonna dictact the market and we as the young generation want to eat healthy not like our fat parents who thought eating mcdonalds wil cure cancer, please do not invest in fast food

Nefarious

Chalupa's Son
im trying to be serious here and your just quoting old threads of mine you are obseesed with me do you want me to cut off my dick and send it to you/ huh? do you want me to spread my asshole for you on camera? you fucking sick freak you are close to being ignored