Anyone know of any awesome franchises?

chalupa

The gimp
im trying to be serious here and your just quoting old threads of mine you are obseesed with me do you want me to cut off my dick and send it to you/ huh? do you want me to spread my asshole for you on camera? you fucking sick freak you are close to being ignored
I bet you don't send him your dick, you wuss.

Fero

Old World
Staff member
I'm thinking about moving away from my current career and opening up a business. I make solid money travelling part time, and could a lot more if I traveled every week, being away from family and living out of a suitcase isn't worth it.

I'd be pretty bored in a normal office job, so I'm looking into business opportunities. Although I have a lot of business and management experience I don't know much about running a restaurant. So a franchise would be ideal as the company would offer that extra insight.

The big chains such as McDonalds are more than I can swing, but many of the smaller companies are doable. For example, I've been looking at Wingstop. Simple concept, good growth, and our area has a major lack of delicious chicken wing and beer places.

Since you guys are from all over, do you know of any good smaller chains in your areas?
Start a Belgian fries franchise. Belgium is known for unhealthy food like chocolate and waffles already, and we do have the best fries in the world, which is less known. You american fatties (e.g. Matt) are known to be fond of greasy food, so succes guaranteed.

In the Netherlands there's a Flemish fries franchise if I'm not mistaken, but I'm not sure if they're still around. Still, in the grease pitt that is America an all fries and deep fried snack franchise would be quite lucrative, I'd wager.

Ease up on the hamburgers, the US has enough of those. The low countries have tons of deep fried snacks which tast awesome.

Last edited:

Fero

Old World
Staff member
Neffy's Dick&Balls Emporium would be a success as well. Weight Watchers everywhere would rejoice.

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
In-&-Out seems to make a ton of money, even though the food is awful. Chipotle does really well too, and thats a place I actually like :)

Nothing wrong with Wingstop either though.
McDonalds owns Chipotle and won't franchise them because they make too much money.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car, because they got an excellent corporate structure and they... *they* give *you* the tools to be your own boss.

On a serious note, Subway? I believe the start up capital for one of those is small and can see it making good money
ha, lol at enterprise

Subway seems to be a mixed bag for franchises. Seems like the company dicks them over.

Start a Belgian fries franchise. Belgium is known for unhealthy food like chocolate and waffles already, and we do have the best fries in the world, which is less known. You american fatties (e.g. Matt) are known to be fond of greasy food, so succes guaranteed.

In the Netherlands there's a Flemish fries franchise if I'm not mistaken, but I'm not sure if they're still around. Still, in the grease pitt that is America an all fries and deep fried snack franchise would be quite lucrative, I'd wager.

Ease up on the hamburgers, the US has enough of those. The low countries have tons of deep fried snacks which tast awesome.
Hmm, that's not a bad idea. I've actually made some of those Liege Waffles a few times (the ones with the pearls of sugar baked in) and there isn't anything else like that around here. Proper Belgian fries are also a sure hit.

Are there any good protein based foods out of that part of Europe?

Neffy's Dick&Balls Emporium would be a success as well. Weight Watchers everywhere would rejoice.
That is already a thing. It's called the highway 309 #4 rest stop, stall 4.

Last edited:

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
Here you go Fero.

http://www.brugeswaffles.com/menu/

Liege waffles, and fries. I just don't think they franchise. That extra experience would be key for me. 30% of all restaurants fail in the first year compared to 8% for franchise.

Would you be able to get a alcohol license for the wings place?
For me to consider that kind of restaurant it's a must.

I need to find some rich friends. It would be nice to have somebody to invest in this with me.

Last edited:

BigMattTheHobo

Mexican and fabulous
What are the rules there for liquor licenses? Around here, it's relatively easy to get a restaurant license for beer and wine, but the full liquor licenses are *in theory* limited based on population, so they limit the number (not very well, though). So it basically creates a huge value for full licenses. People will pay hundreds of thousands to buy a full license off another holder.

A non profit board I'm on is in the middle of a fight with a civic organization that no longer exists locally, but at the national level. We were gifted the liquor license and a building by the last member who claims ownership. the former we want to sell to fund various charitable and education efforts locally. But the national organization is saying it's their license, because they want the money. Understandable, of course, but they would take the money out of our area. We would keep the money where the license was earned to benefit youth and other community members.

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
I haven't got that far into my research yet. I don't believe it's too hard on the Kansas side, but luckily for me I'm close to Missouri also and their rules are very lax.

Liquor licenses are one of the biggest scams the government has. Tax me all you want but don't limit my business options or make me pay somebody a bunch of money for a piece of paper.

BigMattTheHobo

Mexican and fabulous
I think liquor licenses should be heavily controlled. I've seen good evidence that the more liquor licenses you have in an area, the more problems you have.

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
I think liquor licenses should be heavily controlled. I've seen good evidence that the more liquor licenses you have in an area, the more problems you have.
Correlation v causation my friend.

It's not dissimilar to the gun control debate, where areas with strict gun laws have high gun crime and opponents point that out as a failure of gun control. If establishments that serve liquor are heavily regulated in some areas, or at least have arbitrary rules about the % of alcohol to food in order to prevent full on bars from being built, then the areas that are lax will have a major draw. So the drinking and bad behavior becomes centralized, where it creates it's own culture of excess and bad behavior.

Counter point. Europe. You can buy booze pretty much anywhere there, and they don't have those sorts of problems.

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
Baking the fries twice is the key, meng.

Whadya mean with protein based?
Baking them? Not familiar with that approach. I'll bake some potato slices here and there but they aren't technically french fries.

Meat based, a menu of waffles and fries isn't rounded out enough.

BigMattTheHobo

Mexican and fabulous
Correlation v causation my friend.

It's not dissimilar to the gun control debate, where areas with strict gun laws have high gun crime and opponents point that out as a failure of gun control. If establishments that serve liquor are heavily regulated in some areas, or at least have arbitrary rules about the % of alcohol to food in order to prevent full on bars from being built, then the areas that are lax will have a major draw. So the drinking and bad behavior becomes centralized, where it creates it's own culture of excess and bad behavior.

Counter point. Europe. You can buy booze pretty much anywhere there, and they don't have those sorts of problems.
Good argument. Can't really rebut it. There are a lot of wonky things with our laws

I like baking fries, but never tried baking them twice

Fero

Old World
Staff member
Frying them in oil is mostly called baking over here.

The trick is frying for about 20-30 seconds at 180C, then let them cool a bit, then fry them till they're ready.

Voila, Belgian fries.

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
Frying them in oil is mostly called baking over here.

The trick is frying for about 20-30 seconds at 180C, then let them cool a bit, then fry them till they're ready.

Voila, Belgian fries.
Ah, yes I am familiar with that method. Makes for excellent fries.