how fast am i gonna get permabanned here...

ban speed

• Total voters

Fero

Old World
Staff member
Open carrying is cool. You'd probably get the entire police force and the army on your neck if you tried that shit here. I always wanted to ride around on a velociraptor carrying a bazooka.

HubbleBubble

Real meat/protein eating cis male
I leave it at home. I don't have a conceal permit and open carrying is for douchebags
As long as you're not a dumbass and don't walk around with it bulging from your shirt, and you don't have any risk of being caught stealing or dealing drugs, then there's practically zero chance of you ever being caught for just walking down the street carrying a concealed weapon. And the people who get their cars searched are generally suspicious assholes anyway.

In the world of average citizens who just carry a gun to protect their family, the chance of being caught is unheard of, and I've been living in that world since I was 10, when I used to carry my little North American Arms 22 magnum around town in my pocket.

chalupa

The gimp
As long as you're not a dumbass and don't walk around with it bulging from your shirt, and you don't have any risk of being caught stealing or dealing drugs, then there's practically zero chance of you ever being caught for just walking down the street carrying a concealed weapon. And the people who get their cars searched are generally suspicious assholes anyway.

In the world of average citizens who just carry a gun to protect their family, the chance of being caught is unheard of, and I've been living in that world since I was 10, when I used to carry my little North American Arms 22 magnum around town in my pocket.
What's it like having a tiny pecker?

HubbleBubble

I've carried in my bag or car before, but generally i just leave it at home.
So what will you do if one day you and your boyfriend are out for lunch and a gang of thugs walks up and beats the shit out of you, ties you up and makes you watch as they rape your boyfriend in the middle of the restaurant? You'll have no choice but to live the rest of your life in cowardly pussified defeat.

What's it like having a tiny pecker?
You weren't complaining about my dick lastnight, douche. What was it like having me treat your ass like a pussy?

BigMattTheHobo

Mexican and fabulous
So what will you do if one day you and your boyfriend are out for lunch and a gang of thugs walks up and beats the shit out of you, ties you up and makes you watch as they rape your boyfriend in the middle of the restaurant? You'll have no choice but to live the rest of your life in cowardly pussified defeat.
I live in a city with almost zero violent crime (sans domestic abuse). I'm not worried about it.

HubbleBubble

I live in a city with almost zero violent crime (sans domestic abuse). I'm not worried about it.
Statistics and numbers don't mean a damn thing when you're getting your throat cut. When you start looking at numbers, the chance of something really bad happening to you (accident or otherwise) is actually pretty slim, even in areas where violent crime is high. So I suppose someone like you could just breeze through life being the biggest dumbass on earth and likely die an old man.

Even though the odds are in your favor in most situations, responsible people still take precautionary measures when they can.

For example, I lock my car even though I'm positive it won't get broken into. I put my seat-belt on even though I'm 99.999% confident that I won't have an accident. I put a condom on when I'm fucking some random bitch, even though she's probably disease free. I check the batteries in my smoke detectors, even though my house will probably never catch on fire. I carry my gun even though I'm confident that I won't have to use it.

Obviously, a person can't be prepared for every situation (so don't ask why I don't have a fucking bomb shelter built, even though my house will probably never get bombed), you can take anything to the extreme by being a smartass. Let's stick to the basics. All of the scenarios I mentioned are basic principles. Protection of yourself and your family while out in public is your number one priority.

chalupa

The gimp
You want to know the thinking behind legalizing concealed carry everywhere? The Georgia state legislature said you can, everywhere in the state, except the statehouse. You know why?

Because they are protecting themselves from people who conceal carry. Interesting how your argument goes both ways (like you), and the ones in charge realize the danger.

HubbleBubble

You want to know the thinking behind legalizing concealed carry everywhere? The Georgia state legislature said you can, everywhere in the state, except the statehouse. You know why?

Because they are protecting themselves from people who conceal carry. Interesting how your argument goes both ways (like you), and the ones in charge realize the danger.
Yeah, I heard about that, but why are they protecting themselves from people who conceal carry? In reality, nobody is physically protecting them from some psychopath who might decide to walk in and kill everyone, including the (likely unarmed) security guard standing at the front door who was the first to get shot? What a joke.

But other than that, it actually looks like Georgia is on the right track and is a huge victory for freedom. Americans are just so goddamned tired of hearing the media hyping gun violence and the constant whine from politicians chanting that we need more gun laws. These gun free zones that only regulate law abiding citizens are working out great. Looks to me like every nut-job that was serious about shooting up a school just walked in the door and did it anyway.

It was great to finally see that gun grabber named Piers Morgan have to pack his shit and leave after his show got cancelled, due to his ratings being in the garbage because Americans got tired of him forcing his gun control agenda, even on CNN. Another victory. Loved watching his last show on YouTube where he ended by arrogantly preaching about gun control and his final words being "God bless Great Britain, too." Whore bastard.

Last edited:

chalupa

The gimp
The security are state cops, armed, AND everyone has to go through metal detectors.

They did it because they don't want to get shot.

Last edited:

BigMattTheHobo

Mexican and fabulous
Statistics and numbers don't mean a damn thing when you're getting your throat cut. When you start looking at numbers, the chance of something really bad happening to you (accident or otherwise) is actually pretty slim, even in areas where violent crime is high. So I suppose someone like you could just breeze through life being the biggest dumbass on earth and likely die an old man.

Even though the odds are in your favor in most situations, responsible people still take precautionary measures when they can.

For example, I lock my car even though I'm positive it won't get broken into. I put my seat-belt on even though I'm 99.999% confident that I won't have an accident. I put a condom on when I'm fucking some random bitch, even though she's probably disease free. I check the batteries in my smoke detectors, even though my house will probably never catch on fire. I carry my gun even though I'm confident that I won't have to use it.

Obviously, a person can't be prepared for every situation (so don't ask why I don't have a fucking bomb shelter built, even though my house will probably never get bombed), you can take anything to the extreme by being a smartass. Let's stick to the basics. All of the scenarios I mentioned are basic principles. Protection of yourself and your family while out in public is your number one priority.
Yes, I know a gun is useless if you need it and don't have it. I also know crazy shit could happen at any moment, and I'll be wishing for my gun.

But like I just wrote, crazy shit could happen at any moment. Bricks could fall off a roof while I'm walking by. That doesn't mean I'm going to wear a hard hat everywhere.

Somebody with a disease could sneeze in my face at anytime. That doesn't mean I'm going to wear a filter mask everywhere.

HubbleBubble

The security are state cops, armed, AND everyone has to go through metal detectors.

They did it because they don't want to get shot.
Well, that's usually one of the reasons people have armed guards and metal detectors around. What's your point?

Bricks could fall off a roof while I'm walking by. That doesn't mean I'm going to wear a hard hat everywhere.

Somebody with a disease could sneeze in my face at anytime. That doesn't mean I'm going to wear a filter mask everywhere.
Your arguments are so predictable and old. So boring. I knew you would take this ridiculous stance, which is why I already addressed this aspect of your argument using an entire paragraph (hoping it would enlighten you, since I already know you're a moron):

me said:
In other words, you don't have to build a bomb shelter and run around thinking bombs (or bricks) are going to fall on you or run when somebody sneezes. Totally fucking ridiculous arguments you just made. Again, the scenarios I mentioned are common sense measures that are equivalent to tying your shoes so you won't trip and fall..... that's how elementary these things are.

So I suppose you're the type of guy who leaves his children in the car while he goes shopping, with the keys in the ignition and the air conditioner on. I can hear you now, "Oh, statistics in my area show kidnappings and vehicle theft is basically zero. I'm a dumbass." Fucking joker.

chalupa

The gimp
My point is that even with armed guards (eg, guns, guns, and more guns), the legislators don't want the public carrying their own in the statehouse. They don't want that because that equates to a greater risk of getting shot, and they know it. My point is that even in the state most accepting gun laws to date, the people in charge know that having guns all around them all the time would be more dangerous than not, so they made the law say, "You assholes want guns everywhere? Great, here you go, you're just not allowed to have guns where *we* work."

Think about that for a second.

As for statistics, they are actually a wonderful way to describe how things are and what is likely to happen in the future, and the stats say you should probably not drive if you are worried about your safety, and carrying a gun around for self-protection is so far down the list it is laughable.

The reality of the situation is that you like guns, and you want one. That's what we need people to admit in this argument.

I like guns, I like owning a gun, I like shooting it. I clean it regularly, a quick once over after use, and then full disassembly/reassembly periodically because that is neat to do.

What we don't need is BS arguments about self-protection, protection against tyranny, etc, etc. Times have changed since the Constitution was written, like a lot. There is now not parity with the oppressor because you, too, own a musket. Statistics say the chances of you protecting your family actively with a gun are minute compared to the chance you will shoot someone in your family with that gun.

Guns aren't for self-protection, the numbers prove that. They are for feeling powerful in a crazy fucking world, for feeling like you have some control of your destiny.

I'm going to say that again so that it is clear: guns are not for self-protection, they are for making the person feel in control.

I'm ok with that. My only caveat is that I'd like everyone to pass background checks, and I have no problem with people waiting 7+ days for licenses. Well-regulated and all that. There's the happy middle ground.

HubbleBubble

My point is that even with armed guards (eg, guns, guns, and more guns), the legislators don't want the public carrying their own in the statehouse. They don't want that because that equates to a greater risk of getting shot, and they know it. My point is that even in the state most accepting gun laws to date, the people in charge know that having guns all around them all the time would be more dangerous than not, so they made the law say, "You assholes want guns everywhere? Great, here you go, you're just not allowed to have guns where *we* work."

Think about that for a second.

As for statistics, they are actually a wonderful way to describe how things are and what is likely to happen in the future, and the stats say you should probably not drive if you are worried about your safety, and carrying a gun around for self-protection is so far down the list it is laughable.

The reality of the situation is that you like guns, and you want one. That's what we need people to admit in this argument.

I like guns, I like owning a gun, I like shooting it. I clean it regularly, a quick once over after use, and then full disassembly/reassembly periodically because that is neat to do.

What we don't need is BS arguments about self-protection, protection against tyranny, etc, etc. Times have changed since the Constitution was written, like a lot. There is now not parity with the oppressor because you, too, own a musket. Statistics say the chances of you protecting your family actively with a gun are minute compared to the chance you will shoot someone in your family with that gun.

Guns aren't for self-protection, the numbers prove that. They are for feeling powerful in a crazy fucking world, for feeling like you have some control of your destiny.

I'm going to say that again so that it is clear: guns are not for self-protection, they are for making the person feel in control.

I'm ok with that. My only caveat is that I'd like everyone to pass background checks, and I have no problem with people waiting 7+ days for licenses. Well-regulated and all that. There's the happy middle ground.
Nice points.

Have you ever been through a permit class? Seriously, in my class people showed up with entire families and I live in a ghetto. It was almost like a community type event. Permit holders are average, law abiding people and I have no fear of them whatsoever. None. ZERO!

I do like guns. Infact, I like rifles such as my Colt LE6920 more than I like pistols. I don't really have any interest in pistols on a material level, and I honestly hate having to pack some gun around. But I know the benefits of being protected versus no protection at all. Some years ago I was standing in the middle of a robbery at a pizza restaurant and had to show my pistol. I prevented the robbery and received free pizzas on my next 3 visits. No police were ever called. When I was 11 or so, I was confronted by a vicious dog that was just running loose and would have tried ripping me to pieces. Yeah, I started conceal carrying when I was 10.

And that is often the case in situations where violence and crimes are prevented. Nothing gets stolen, nobody gets injured, threats are made but usually people just decide not to worry about the hassle of being questioned by police. And I think many people don't have a permit, but still carry. I did for years, and I've known more people that carry without a permit versus those with a permit.

My father is in his 70's, and during his life he has had to pull his gun 3 times. One of these situations involved him being randomly approached by 4 black guys (one with a knife) who were threatening to kill him. He pulled his gun, and the confrontation was immediately ended. No police.

So I'm not trying to argue that statistics are in my favor, but when it comes to security, the benefits have already been provided. I like having benefits and making good investments, especially when it can save my life. Oh, chalupa, chalupa.... being in control is what security is all about. People who lose control get robbed, raped, murdered, etc.. So yes, with protection comes additional control.

That is the case with personal liberties as well. When we give up freedoms for protection, the government gets more control. When we protect ourselves, WE have control.

So let me guess, your argument for background checks is concerning the private trade between gun owners and you think that there should always be some paperwork proving that a gun changed hands. I will say that I have done private gun trades with strangers before, and it is my personal preference to do some type of paperwork with signatures (and a picture) proving that I sold this gun to someone, who could then use it to kill somebody and plant the gun (that is linked to me) at the crime scene. Next I have investigators knocking at my door asking why my gun was there. Oh, and they happened to find my fingerprint on it.

Call me a dumbass, because I wouldn't recommend that anyone trade guns with strangers. But the freedom to be a dumbass is one of the things that made the country great. The freedom to take advantage of morons is also what made the country great.

What didn't make the country great (infact, it's destroying the country) are all the regulations and taxes being placed on average citizens and businesses. For example, you think law abiding people should have to wait longer to get carry permits? Seriously? Outrageous. Background checks are only a burden on businesses and law abiding people who have to pay for them.

All I can say is that there are consequences to freedom, and it's only because humanity will never be perfect. Forcing laws on imperfect people is like trying to prevent your girlfriend from being a cheating slut. Only slavery can solve many of the problems plaguing mankind, except one problem, and that is slavery. But who wants to be enslaved? Live free and be prepared for the consequences.

Last edited:

chalupa

The gimp
The problem with your anecdotal evidence is that the stats paint the entirely opposite picture. In homes with guns, women are like 5x more likely to be killed by their husband/significant other than if no guns are present (one stat of many).

I read that somewhere, but it probably is not too hard to verify.

My anecdotal evidence was standing there to get my gun and being delayed because PA makes gun shops wait while the state finds outstanding warrants on people, and the guy in front of me evidently had an assault charge. They came and arrested him.

I want to make something clear -- I support gun ownership. I also support the whole "well regulated" thing that established it as a right, so I'm not giving up any freedoms for protection.

As for feelings control, my point was that it is illusory, we aren't actually in control. It is a security blanket, it makes us feel good. The data says that we are actually less safe with guns around, but they make us feel good and we like them. I like my gun, there is just something about it that is great.

But don't think for a second I feel like I will stop some crazy crime because I have a gun, I am at least being honest when I say I have it because I like it.

HubbleBubble

The problem with your anecdotal evidence is that the stats paint the entirely opposite picture. In homes with guns, women are like 5x more likely to be killed by their husband/significant other than if no guns are present (one stat of many).

I read that somewhere, but it probably is not too hard to verify.

My anecdotal evidence was standing there to get my gun and being delayed because PA makes gun shops wait while the state finds outstanding warrants on people, and the guy in front of me evidently had an assault charge. They came and arrested him.

I want to make something clear -- I support gun ownership. I also support the whole "well regulated" thing that established it as a right, so I'm not giving up any freedoms for protection.

As for feelings control, my point was that it is illusory, we aren't actually in control. It is a security blanket, it makes us feel good. The data says that we are actually less safe with guns around, but they make us feel good and we like them. I like my gun, there is just something about it that is great.

But don't think for a second I feel like I will stop some crazy crime because I have a gun, I am at least being honest when I say I have it because I like it.
The husband being more likely to kill his wife because of a gun is a factoid.

Wow, that's a revelation! BREAKING NEWS! Statistics prove that fucked up husbands like to use guns to kill their wives. Give me a break. I don't give a damn what Joe Henry down the street is using his gun for, unless he's planning to use it to kill me. In which case I'll be well prepared. Really, the only statistic we should be concerned about shows that there are violent people in the country and they present a risk, however big, however small, I don't give a shit. Just be prepared, always.

Instead of focusing on a little factoid about deranged husbands plotting to kill their wives, how about we look at the overall violent crime rate and compare it to some place like the UK where guns aren't common? Overall violent crime rates per capita are higher there than they are in America. And the truth of the matter is that most violence that comes as a result of guns in America are gang/drug related violence.

In other words, violence is violence is violence is violence, no matter where the guns are.

Make no mistake, having a gun around makes it easier. So I suppose if a husband really wants to kill his wife, having an easy solution to end her endless bitching and cheating is probably a good thing. Why don't you pull up the statistics on how many of those women actually deserved to be killed?

Last edited: