Movies

Telaso

I'm Telaso
Frozen was the most over rated movie I've ever seen. My friends made me watch the blu ray at my place, where I have a decent home theater, so the quality was top notch. That Let It Go song was abysmal. How the hell can people believe thats the greatest song of the generation???

tonythetiger

So say we all
Frozen was the most over rated movie I've ever seen. My friends made me watch the blu ray at my place, where I have a decent home theater, so the quality was top notch. That Let It Go song was abysmal. How the hell can people believe thats the greatest song of the generation???
I haven't seen the movie but I'm with you on the song and was mad when it won the Oscar.

ennaynattirb

Will give gumjob for meth
You're an adult male, and it's a princess musical. My husband wasn't into it either. My brother wants it to die, his fiance (fiancee? Idk which to use) is one of those women who's still obsessed with Disney princess movies; she has evidently been watching it nonstop since she bought it Wednesday or whenever it came out on DVD.

I agree that it was overrated. I was told by so many people (all women and kids) that it was one of the best Disney movies ever, I disagree with that. It was still a relatively good kids movie that I would watch with them again without groaning about it. I'm not over the moon about Let It Go; that song is gold to kids, though. The two year old was trying her hardest to belt that shit out by the end of the movie.

Fero

Old World
Staff member
Everybody knows Robin Hood is the best disney movie ever.

Theme song has been stuck in my head non-stop since 1993.

Telaso

I'm Telaso
Let me state that How to Train Your Dragon is one of my all time favorite movies. I can watch that 100 times and smile every time. Its not about me being too old, or manly to not enjoy a kids movie. Just that one wasnt a redefining of the entire genre as well as its perceived. I believe earlier in this thread I said the Lego movie was incredible, and it is.

I just dont understand whats so special about Frozen. The second song of the movie where Kirsten Bell is singing was far above any other song in that entire movie.

Edit: The Incredibles is better than Robin Hood bro.

Telaso

I'm Telaso
I haven't seen any of them. I've heard Tangled is really good, but never watched it.

ennaynattirb

Will give gumjob for meth
How to Train Your Dragon, The Lego Movie, and The Incredibles, since those were the three children's movies you mentioned, were not specifically geared toward younger girls. Frozen was. That was the point of me saying, "You're an adult male, and it's a princess musical." Not that adult males can't like a princess movie, before the hobo starts going all "Durr gender stereotypes" on me. The fact that I have a vagina means I'm more likely to enjoy it than you, that's all.

I'm not trying to argue with you, I could sit and name the kid movies I find to be better, and the list would be long. I just like to converse, and since most of my conversations in the real world are with a mini me that can barely talk, I verbally whore myself out to the internet about anything and everything.

Last edited:

Telaso

I'm Telaso
Ah. I understand what you mean now. I was not trying to say Frozen was a bad movie. It made me laugh, and I enjoyed parts of it, yet it was no where close to being genre changing. Blah blah vaginas are gross blah blah.

Nefarious

Chalupa's Son
most dieny movies are gay and fuckign suck piar to o i remember watching up with my family i fell asleep and then i bitched at my mom and dad for taking me to see a dumb movie about a forever alone old man who fucking takes his house into the sky and gets shot down by an evil old senile faggot who will most likely what will happen to chalupa in the future hording dogs for his penis dog fetish so he can suck dog dick anyways most pixar and disney movies SUCK and if you like that stupid fairy gay shit with cinderalla wearing her too too or snow white with her hair eating apples i mean they all SUCK

Iceman

Icedad
The internship : 7 / 10.

Had some funny moments, sometimes the comedy a bit forced but not bad

chalupa

The gimp
Jumanji 6/10

Seriously, just watched this movie for the first time today.

Interesting, but a little forced.

tonythetiger

So say we all
Jumanji 6/10

Seriously, just watched this movie for the first time today.

Interesting, but a little forced.
6/10? WTF. Why didn't you wait 'til your kid was older to watch it with him? You also need to remember to show him the classics and keep him away from shitty remakes (aka show him Willy Wonka first and never let him see Charlie and the chocolate factory).

chalupa

The gimp
CGI was fairly impressive back when it came out, but now the novelty wouldn't be there.
That's just the thing...I hated Jurassic park because the CGI was so terrible, and this is of the same vein. I think Jumanji could have been incredible with older style animatronics and live action stuff.

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
That's just the thing...I hated Jurassic park because the CGI was so terrible, and this is of the same vein. I think Jumanji could have been incredible with older style animatronics and live action stuff.
At the end of the day you still can't beat real animatronics or models.