Movies

chalupa

The gimp
But that 20% is actually not included in the first place (more like 15%, because they only get paid around $3/hour).

Fero

Old World
Staff member
I can afford it, but why should I pay it? Pity they make shit money, but they can always find another job, can't they? Or move here where minimum wage is about 9€/h.

chalupa

The gimp
Actually, this is one of those cases where you can see the free market in action -- a lot these people figure out how to give great service and therefore get rewarded for their work, instead of everyone getting a guaranteed paycheck and there being no incentive to go above and beyond.

i'm friends with a guy who clears around $65K a year as a bartender, given the way the tax laws are set up, he really only has to declare about $20K of it. He's got the equivalent of a $100K per year job...

Nocturnal

Ninja Wizard
^ If by "set up" you mean "lies to the IRS" then yeah, that's how the laws are setup.

Not that I begrudge anyone from doing that. I did the same when I worked for tips, but we all know that they don't report income and everyone is cool with that.

I can afford it, but why should I pay it? Pity they make shit money, but they can always find another job, can't they? Or move here where minimum wage is about 9€/h.
That's just how it works here. Comparing European and American restaurant culture is a pointless conversation.

I'll give an awesome waiter like 2 euros, not a cent more. He gets a paycheck, doesn't he? Fucking parasites demanding handouts. Do you tip rude or bad waiters as well?
Yeah, that's about what I did over there. If a waiter is bad I might give him 10% assuming I at least got my drinks and food. If they are rude they get nothing.

Evil Joe

Tipping Wars: The Movie
4/10
The 3D visuals were great, but basically the whole movie is just people arguing about whether or not they should tip restaurant staff. I did enjoy the extended dance-off between BigMatt and Fero-Gradument, though. Great choreography.

Nefarious

Chalupa's Son
if you dont chip your a fuckign acheap bastard and go figure the europeans dont tip the europeans dont bathe ether thats why you can smell ireland and belgium from your backyard

Fero

Old World
Staff member
I said IN AMERICA you cheap bastard.
Nothing to do with being cheap. I pay for the fucking unemployed every month through my taxes, and now you say I should take over the employers' duties as well? Let me put it like this: I would sooner give money to a hobo than tip a waitress. That's not being cheap.

I you mowed my lawn for me, I would be your employer. I'd pay you your 10 taco shells or whatever it is you people pay with, but if you did a terrific job, I'd consider paying you more.

I do not employ waitresses. When they do a good job, their boss can increase their pay. Or not. And that's not my fucking problem.

Last edited:

Frood

a true bro
Nothing to do with being cheap. I pay for the fucking unemployed every month through my taxes, and now you say I should take over the employers' duties as well? Let me put it like this: I would sooner give money to a hobo than tip a waitress. That's not being cheap.

I you mowed my lawn for me, I would be your employer. I'd pay you your 10 taco shells or whatever it is you people pay with, but if you did a terrific job, I'd consider paying you more.

I do not employ waitresses. When they do a good job, their boss can increase their pay. Or not. And that's not my fucking problem.
You're also already paying for the increased wages of wait staff in the form of increased food prices.

Nefarious

Chalupa's Son
ero spoken like a ture european pig i bet he never touched clean water in months what a pig do you even pay your taxes like you clame faggot? probably not go back to whatever beast woman your sticking it in and shave her bush while your at it

chalupa

The gimp
The Other Guys 5/10

Started out hilarious, dragged at the end. Some of the funniest lines I've heard in awhile, but overall the story was too weak to carry the movie. I didn't even know this movie existed...came out in 2010.

Frood

a true bro
The Other Guys 5/10

Started out hilarious, dragged at the end. Some of the funniest lines I've heard in awhile, but overall the story was too weak to carry the movie. I didn't even know this movie existed...came out in 2010.
You learned to dance... sarcastically?

and the whole tuna vs lion dialogue made that film worth it.

Ciaran

Fero sounds like a cheap prick. I'll always give a minimum of 10% tip despite the waiter being on a fucking great European minimum wage (probably adds up to a 30% US equivalent tip). This is to ensure a great service next time I frequent the restaurant.

Fero

Old World
Staff member
Nah, I'm not cheap at all. In a restaurant I know I'd probably leave like 10% as well (never more than 5€ though). People I don't know can fuck the fuck off.

Nefarious

Chalupa's Son
Fero sounds like a cheap prick. I'll always give a minimum of 10% tip despite the waiter being on a fucking great European minimum wage (probably adds up to a 30% US equivalent tip). This is to ensure a great service next time I frequent the restaurant.
wait until fero argues that ireland isnt part of the european continent because its too north or attached to the uk WHAT A DUMBASS shut up BELGIAN BitCH