do you spank your kdis when there bad?

chalupa

The gimp
My little dude was slamming his sippy cup into his high chair last night, repeatedly. So I took it, and he started wailing.

I bopped him on the nose with my index finger, and his being startled made him open his eyes for a second, at which time I was making a goofy face and smiling. He started giggling and forgot about the sippy cup.

I think the "touch," which in some cases is a whack on the butt, is what the child needs to dig them out of their own heads and get them back in the real world. Obviously violently bludgeoning a child is bad, but there's nothing saying the physical contact, the touch, is the thing that leads to Hannibal Lecterism later in life.

I also do the same thing with my cat when he jumps up on the counter (though he hasn't in years). I sneak up on him, and get my hand to his back with the slightest impact...it freaks him out enough that when I actually do say something, he equates his behavior with negative consequences.

Frood

a true bro
Well, trib, I don't think it's fair to say that your parent's caused you to think violence was ok, because my sister would regularly beat me up when she was bigger than I was, and to my knowledge, none of my siblings were ever spanked.

Matt is winning this thread hands down.

ennaynattirb

Will give gumjob for meth
I can't sit here and say it's the only reason I treated my brother as such; but based on my experiences, I certainly feel it had an effect.

chalupa

The gimp
I think the reason I got a divorce was because I didn't hit her enough...

Nefarious

Chalupa's Son
You were spanked as a teenager, Kevvy?

I was the kid who beat the shit out of my little brother when I was mad; because for a long time I was bigger than he was and I could easily hurt him to get him to go away when I was mad at him. I wonder where I learned that, couldn't have been the use of physical punishment by my pissed-off parents. You know what the consequence was? Smacks with a wooden spoon. Great idea, let's enforce the idea that hitting out of anger is wrong with more hitting.
terrible i would call the cops if i were your mother seirously beat the shit out of your little brother? bigger? yea your big alright fatso. you think your a tough guy huh? cmon birtney you and chalupa take me on ill rip you a new mouth

chalupa

The gimp
terrible i would call the cops if i were your mother seirously beat the shit out of your little brother? bigger? yea your big alright fatso. you think your a tough guy huh? cmon birtney you and chalupa take me on ill rip you a new mouth
brit will get a fifth hole? Awesome.

ennaynattirb

Will give gumjob for meth
I know you would, because you're that pathetic little bitch who couldn't handle himself against a young child in your teens. My 8-year-old 50 pound body would have you whining to your mommy in a matter of minutes.

Nefarious

Chalupa's Son
i know you would, because you're that pathetic little bitch who couldn't handle himself against a young child in your teens. My 8-year-old 50 pound body would have you whining to your mommy in a matter of minutes.
oh shut up